Are you looking to find out the value of your home? When selling with Marks and Mann, one of the first things we’ll do is perform a home valuation on your property.
A valuation will give you an estimate of your home’s worth based on its location, size, age and so on. It can also help you work out how much you will need to budget for a new home. So what does the home valuation process usually involve?
The Home Valuation Process
Our valuation process will usually involve these steps:
- You will need to prepare for the valuation. While your home does not need to look pristine, some tidying up and cleaning will give us the best amount of space to do our work.
- You should also get ready for the valuation by preparing any paperwork about the home. This includes plans, details of rates and maintenance, and so on. You should also make a list of questions you may want to ask us in advance.
- When our evaluator arrives they should be able to provide you with some information on property values in the area. This information should include both recent selling prices and current asking prices for houses on the market. This will give both you and them an initial idea of your home’s value.
- We will need time to properly assess your home. This will usually take at least an hour if this is their first visit, but the time may be shorter if they are just doing a follow up. In either case it is best to allow as much time as they need to accurately do their job.
- We will assess the property based on criteria such as age, location, size, layout and any unique features it may have. They will also compare it to the value of other properties in the area. When finished we’ll be able to provide you with a recommended value for your property.
At Marks & Mann our fully trained and professional team are on hand to offer a free home valuation of your property. To request a free valuation or for more details please contact us online or via phone today.